The Bay Road
CAUTION: the access road is steep and rough and is not suitable for many 2WD vehicles, especially when wet. It is recommended that all 2WD vehicles park at the top carpark, with walking access thereafter.
Parking is only permitted at the areas shown on the access map. Do not park anywhere else. Strictly no stopping on the access road.
Drive safely at all times and watch out for pedestrians.
Please be considerate of residents when accessing Whanganui Bay by car and, where possible, avoid arriving late at night or early in the morning
Whanganui Bay Road Upgrade Project (to Sept/Oct 2022):
- Multi-Hazard Work Site – Grove Contractors Ltd will have the responsibility and right to manage their work site under NZ Health & Safety Act requirements.
- Road Closure – Grove Contractors Ltd will have the responsibility/right to close the road at any time in response to legitimate safety concerns or in an emergency.
- Hours of Work – Will be from 08:00 to 16:30, weekdays. It is recommended that all access is done outside these work hours.
- Safety Signage – All road users must pay attention to all safety signage. Road users must follow the directions of Grove staff when requested.
- Expect Delays – Short delays can be expected for road users. In some cases, there will be extended road closures (full day).
- Extended Road Closures – Will be communicated to road users a week before they are planned to occur.
- Always Make Your Vehicle Visible – (Lights on / sound your horn if you need to) It is important that road users make eye contact with any machine operator working on the road. After you have the operator’s attention, he will then indicate when and how to move past safely.